Installation guide for the Vel Explorer campaign.
Below you’ll find installation instructions for the Vel Explorer campaign for Steam and GOG, selected screenshots, and an overview of the campaign.
NOTE: a player community contest with prizes is running in November 2021. Details at this medium post.
Steam Quick Start
No mods, no DLC required. Updating your official Solasta client to the latest patch is required.
To install the campaign:
Exit Solasta if it’s running.
Subscribe to the Vel Explorer Campaign in the Solasta Steam Workshop.
Click New Adventure, Change Campaign, scroll down and select the Vel Explorer Campaign.
Choose a level 1 party and click start.
Download the Vel Explorer Campaign zip from mod.io
Extract the zip file to
WARNING: do not put this in your Locations folder as you would previously. There’s a new folder called Campaigns.
Installing this way does not auto update like Steam does so be sure to check back for updates.
To play, see instructions above.
A few screenshots from the campaign.
About the Vel Explorer Campaign
The Vel Explorer Campaign is an exploration focused Solasta adventure carried by an epic, original story and interspersed with tactical combat.
This open world is for everyone, from casual players to hardcore*.
New in the Vel Explorer Campaign:
- Higher level maps for levels 10 – 12, for a total of 23 maps progressing from level 1 to 12
- 3 different endings to the campaign
- Prelude town: Greenbrooke Village
- NPCs with dialogue
- Merchants for gear and selling
- Late game fast travel portals, easily get to areas you missed after you finish the main story
- Unique named enemies/monsters
- Exits marked on the map; Exits now tell you where they go
- Campaign: Vel Explorer Campaign
- Difficulty: normal*
- Feature: non-linear “open world” exploration
- Loot: modest
- Focus: exploration
- Maps: 23
- Playtime: 10 to 30 hours
* Some optional areas are very challenging and intended for experienced players. You’ll know them when you find them!
** Vel Explorer is a repack of Vel Wanderer with lots of new content and quality of life improvements. If you’ve already played Wanderer, you can continue your campaign with the separate release “Vel Wanderer L12 Continued,” or you can start anew with Vel Explorer for a better gameplay experience.