Here is a guide on how to find all caves in Icarus Beta.
Note: Icarus Beta Weekend #4 is now available. if you love this game. you should not miss it.
- Caves are not a guaranteed spawn, even the same prospect can change their state
- Caves can spawn exposed (open), blocked by rocks (closed), or locked (do not appear)
- There are two types of caves:
– Small caves spawn ores
-Larger tunnel caves lead to unknown areas
How to find Hidden Caves (thanks to DeathEmber!):
- You can test Cave Entrences using the PickAxe.
- The PickAxe does not interact with regular world cliffs
- If you swing your pick at a cave entrance wall you’ll get the distinct ‘♥♥♥♥♥’ noise and a spray of sparks ,indicating there is a cave behind the barrier
- If stone will breaks away, you have found an active Cave
- If it continues to ‘clink’, this confirms you’ve found the cave, but it is locked in this prospect
These are upcoming changes to Caves in Beta 2:
- There were be over 30 caves in the Beta 2 playable area
- Caves will be less safe
- They will be a key area you will want to explore. Later on they might not always be safe!
- Caves will spawn metal ores vs them being out in the open
- Rock, Oxite and other non-metallic ores should spawn normally
- K11 – Large Cave/tunnel to an unknown area
- L12 – Small Cave with ores (Iron, Gold, Platinum, Titanium)
- M11 – Small Cave with ores (Iron, Gold, Platinum, Titanium)